Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thank You Note from Bob Long

To My Rotary Friends:
Last Wednesday was an awesome day for me and my family. I thank you for the special tribute honoring me as retiring secretary of the Bowling Green Rotary Club. I assure you it was a complete surprise. I will always cherish the memory of this day and ponder it in my heart. I appreciate all the remarks made by my fellow Rotarians. Ken Embry has presented me and each of my children a video of the festivities and tears appeared in my eyes as I watched. The laptop computer is a wonderful and thoughtful gift and I assure you I will put it good use.
The recognitions that I have received serving as secretary have been most rewarding and I certainly appreciate each one.
May the wind always blow at your back, may the sun shine warmly on your face and may God always hold you in the palm of His hand. Old secretaries never die they just fade away.

Peace, Bob Long.