Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ray Keller from Wiener, Arkansas Inspires Group

What a treat today to hear Ray Keller speak. His son Travis is one of our own. Ray says he joined Rotary in Jonesboro, Arkansas the year Travis was born and hasn't looked back. He gave a rousing testimony to the significance of Rotary in the World. It was a great boost for all of us and I think members new to Rotary will have gotten a better sense of how important Rotary is to the world at large. Ray is District Governor this year for his corner of Arkansas and we thank him for taking time out from a busy business and Rotary schedule to come speak to us. By the way Travis and I both lettered in basketball at Florida College a Church of Christ affiliated school in Tampa. I doubt Travis' team could better the record of our team the year I played. We lost every game! I know what you're thinking.