Thursday, March 20, 2008

EXTRA EXTRA Read All About Our March 19 Meeting

Our group stood to sing Happy Birthday to LeRoy Underwood who will turn 97 this coming Monday March 24. Surely he is one of the oldest active members in Rotary in the USA. Happy Birthday LeRoy and thank you Carroll Hildreth for leading the song. (Alex appointed Carroll as our official song leader, good move Alex.)

Charles Hardcastle introduced our newest member, John Wade. John is a transfer member who will be working with Goodwill. I'll do an interview and add a photo in an upcoming blog.

Dr. Larry Pack has been in charge of this month's programs and they have been outstanding. We've had history profs from Western talk about 20th Century Presidents. We've heard about TR, FDR, and yesterday about Ike. Dr. Richard Stone did a superb job and introduced a lot of interesting facts about Ike that I had never heard. I had read Eisenhower's biography years ago and my youngest brother is named Dwight David Embry after Ike so I was already a huge fan. My Dad was a WWII vet and idolized Ike. Next week's program is on Reagan by Dr. Jack Thacker It should be a great program.