Wednesday, March 5, 2008

PK Shaun Ayres


PK for the uninitiated stands for Preacher's Kid. Shaun moved around a bit in his youth but mostly grew up in Michigan. He graduated though from Northside High School in Warner Robins, Georgia. He and I along with Travis Keller are graduates of Florida College in Tampa. He finished his Bachelors Degree from Western in Mass Communications in 2000. He and his wife Katrina were married the previous year and I was shanghaied by his mother-in-law to attend the wedding. She knew virtually no one in town and I knew neither the bride nor the groom. Since then Shaun and I have become good friends. He is a member of a generation that we desperately need to get involved with Rotary.

Well in their eight years of marriage Shaun and Katrina have rewarded their parents with a fine looking young man named Caden who is now 17 months old. I haven't seen Caden for awhile but the last time I saw him I thought he looked a lot like Shaun.

Shaun is a big sports fan and loves to follow the St. Louis Cardinals, the Titans, Michigan, and both WKU and UK basketball. Oh yes I almost forgot to mention that Shaun has a real job, he is the District Manager for Kelly Services.